Guide to YouTube Monetisation 2022
This year, YouTube introduced some new standards around monetization. This has made it a little more difficult to implement, but still doable.
You will need to join the YouTube partner program and meet the requirements to start off. Once you are all set up, YouTube will do a lot of the legwork for you as far as ads go, but there are several ways to earn money through your channel. These are:
• Advertising revenue – This is the most common form meaning you split the revenue with YouTube on pre-roll, mid-roll, end-roll and overlay ads.
• Channel memberships – Subscribers opt to pay a monthly membership fee to receive exclusive content and perks
• Merchandise – Subscribers can buy merchandise directly through YouTube
• Super chat – Subscribers pay to comments featured in the comments section.
There are a few steps you can do to help this:
• Make engaging, interesting content
• Make attractive, simple thumbnails
• Increase views on the videos and channel
• Increase watch time on the videos and channel
YouTube uses a system called Adsense. This is a way to earn money from creating online content. It works by matching ads to your channel based on your content and visitors. The ads are created and paid for by advertisers who want to promote products. Since the advertiser pays different prices for different ads, the amount you will earn can vary.
Adsense calculations are based upon RPM (revenue per thousand impressions). It is calculated by dividing your estimated earnings by the number of page views, impressions or queries you have received, then multiplying it by 1000.
You can increase your Adsense revenue by
• Write content for high paying keywords to attract higher-paying ads
• Look at trends to create popular content
• Optimize your video so it appears in searches
• Increase the number of videos you release
• Promote your video off YouTube
• Do live streams
• Select the right type of ads to monetize