Think of your channel like a TV show. Plan to post the same time each day, week, or month. That way, viewers will know when to come back for more.
Keep these simple vlogging tips in mind as you plan:
- Be consistent. Publish at weekly or daily intervals, like Wednesday mornings or Thursday afternoons.
- Post often. YouTube’s search ranking algorithm prioritizes channels that post frequently. Aim for 3 or more times a week if you can.
- Be realistic. If your schedule is too ambitious, you won’t be able to sustain it. Make sure you can meet your goals and keep creating high-quality content.
- Allow some flexibility. If something timely hits, don’t be afraid to go off schedule to share the news.
- Space out your content (rather than publishing it all at once).
- Consider time zones. Are the bulk of your subscribers based on the East Coast or the West Coast? Do you have international fans? Choose a time when your target audience is awake and active.
- Share your schedule. Add your schedule to your About section and channel trailer. You can also promote it in your channel artwork, as many channels do.